Saturday, November 12, 2016

More Fill in the Blank

Hello Papertrey Ink friends. I'm back with two more cards featuring my stamp set for the November Release, Fill in the Blank.

This time I'm showing a feature you haven't seen in any of the examples. In addition to the three large text blocks and their corresponding single phrase stamps that help you "fill in the blank" (just because, happy birthday, and thank you), there are three additional sentiment stamps that coordinate. They feature the same font and spacing as the text blocks, so they can seamlessly blend. Let me show you what I mean.

Fill in the Blank stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink

On this card, I stamped the large "happy birthday" text block twice in Stormy Seas ink. I "filled in the blank" with the single "happy birthday" stamp in the same color ink, so it looks like a solid background now. The additional sentiment that matches "happy birthday" is "thinking of you today & always". I stamped that in True Black on Aqua Mist cardstock and added that to my card along with the lovely cup from What the Doodle: Teacup

Fill in the Blank stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink

How about another example? I stamped the large "thank you" text block three times on my Lovely Lady cardstock panel. The text blocks tile beautifully in a vertical orientation, one stacked on top of the other. (I want to mention that they do not tile horizontal. I find that the size they come in is sufficient for so many applications, that I don't feel limited by the lack of horizontal tiling.) I stamped the single "thank you" in the same color ink to "fill in the blank" like I did on the teacup card, for a solid background look. 

Fill In the Blank stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink

I pulled out an old favorite with Strawberry Patch and added that lovely vine of berries to my card. The coordinating sentiment for "thank you" is "you are so sweet". I stamped that in Pure Poppy on Lovely Lady cardstock and die cut it with the coordinating die. This got popped on top of the strawberries as a focal point sentiment. Easy. 

I hope you like what you see. I'm really enjoying this stamp set a lot! I'll be making a few more cards for tomorrow. Stop by and see. And if you like what you see, Fill in the Blank stamps and dies will be available at www.papertreyink.com at 10 PM EST to purchase. Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

  1. I love text backgrounds, so this set will surely be a favorite of mine. Your cards are fun and summery, just like our crazy November heatwave in San Diego (98 degrees at the beach a few days ago)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so sweet - love the text backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the text-filled background. This set would be great for a collage-style card. I really like those little additions you highlighted in this post. Always love that little extra something-something you add to your sets!

    ReplyDelete